I took Jubi in on Monday to see Dr. Tang for her one year check up. As usual, she's off the charts. She weighs 27 lbs. and is 30 inches long and has the most adorable little body ever! She walks all over the house and likes to explore. She walks like Mike with her left foot pointed in slightly. She likes to take all the books off the bookshelf and have a little taste of them, so I have to keep them blocked off. She babbles and has a few words: dada, mama, baba, and didi (dog). I'm not sure how aware she is of these words and what they mean, but that's what she says. Oh, and nana. She shakes her head no, sometimes, like when she doesn't want something, but isn't always consistent about it. She does say uh oh, and is pretty consistent about that. She says baba the most and I think it means bottle--but then she says baba at pretty much all of her toys. She waves sometimes, feeds (and tortures) the dog, and smiles and laughs a lot.
Soon she'll be driving.
Mother's Confession: I was talking with Mike the other night and saying that before Jubilee was born I knew that she would bring joy to our lives, but I really am amazed at how much joy she has brought to all of our lives--siblings and extended family included. Jubilee's presence has made me love Jed even more (which I didn't think was even possible because my heart was full of love for him already). I look at her and then I look at Jed and think, oh how I miss my baby Jed! Where did that little boy go who used to call everything in the sky a "moon"? And at the same time, I am in awe of the teenager he is growing into. He is becoming a man before my very eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment