Okay, people keep asking me if she talks, and I really just didn't know. She does say some words, but not always in proper context. I've also observed that when my mom babysits, Jubilee has a temporary IQ boost that allows her to speak complicated words and phrases with perfect enunciation while she's with Grandma, but then evaporates once I take her home.
But, I can now say with confidence that Jubilee does say some words in context that are understandable. She's been saying "uh-oh" for a while, and "whoa" or "wow". I'm not sure those qualify as words, but it's exciting for me when she says them. Yesterday she said "ball" loud and clear when I gave her one of her ball toys. She says "hi", and I'm pretty sure she says "daddy". She also says "sit" from hearing Grandma tell Patience (their dog) to sit over and over again. She also says "What's that?", but it sounds like, "ooh dah" when she picks up objects. And one day after going to Irvine Park and visiting the ducks, she was saying "guk" over and over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment