Halloween is a big social event in our neighborhood. At around 6:30, kids and adults with "special cups" were gathering in the street. Jed was already soliciting doors for candy.
Mike took the Jed, our neighbors Chase and Trenton, and Erin and her friend Rochelle around the neighborhood, while I stayed home with Jubilee, Grandma, and Grandpa. Grandpa did most of the passing out of candy, and Grandma and mom enjoyed watching him try to be funny. We saw lots of grim reapers, witches, pirates. But the best was the pregnant man.
A note about grim reapers... Jed has been begging me to get a scary mask for the last few years and I've always said no, but this year I gave in. Of course he didn't pick the mask that was just a plain skull. No. He picked a skull that had tendons and flesh still on it. Anyway, thinking I was a terrible mother, I warily sent him outside in his costume only to find all the other boys on the street dressed the same way. Guess I'm not such a bad mom after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment