My Aunti Twinny and Uncle Jim stopped for a visit on their way back from a Panama cruise. Aunti Twinny is my mom's sister, and if you haven't figured it out yet, she is a twin. But not to my mom, although they do look a lot alike! This has made for some interesting situations with the grandchildren. I can remember my nephew Leo, my Cousin Dianne's son (Aunti Twinny's grandson) came to visit and was utterly confused! Likewise with Jubilee. She just kept looking from one to the other, not really sure what to make of it.
I've always been close with my Aunti Twinny as she helped raise me when I was a baby. While my dad was in Vietnam, my mom and I went to live with my aunt and uncle in Seal Beach. My mom worked all day as a nurse at the Veterans hospital in Long Beach, so my aunt took care of me and my cousin Ricky who was born six weeks after me. It was a lot of fun getting to visit with them and showing off our little Jubilee Rose.
My aunt's real name is Rosemarie, and her twin Rosalie. My other Aunti Twinny (yes, we called them the same name which got a little confusing when they were both visiting), passed away eleven years ago and we miss her very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment