Welcome to the Domokos Family Blog.



In 2004, Mike and Tammy married and joined families. In March 2008, daughter #4 arrived, bringing our total to seven. Collectively we have five beautiful, intelligent, and talented children: Alyssa, Lauren, Erin, Jed, and Jubilee Rose.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Swine Flu

At 1:45 am Saturday morning I got a knock on my bedroom door. It was Jed and his friend Chris (they were having a sleep over). Jed had a temperature of 103.3. They said they had knocked on Mike's door first because his door was open a little and what they got was a nice view of Mike's behind. Hopefully this won't scar them for life!

I gave Jed some medicine but the next morning he was still sick. Jubilee had gotten a temperature the day before, but it wasn't quite as high and she was more responsive to meds. Anyway, by the afternoon Jed was completely out of it and I couldn't get his temperature down.

Of course I called my mom. Since she's a nurse, I always call her to see what I should do. At her instructions I put ice packs under his arms. Then she came over and we went to take him to an Urgent Care. While driving around looking for one, Jed barfed into Mike's USC blanky. (Sorry about that!). All of the Urgent Cares were closed--most close at three on Saturdays. Tell me, what's the point of Urgent Care's if they have the same hours as the regular doctor?

We ended up at Mission Hospital emergency room. Both Jed and I had to wear masks--Jed because of his temp, me because of my cough. Anyway, from his symptoms, the doctor said Jed most likely has swine flu because of his terrible body aches and high temperature. Jed said he was so weak that he could barely walk and asked Grandma if he could borrow a cane. We have a cane, but it's just a costume cane. Jed said it wasn't strong enough. He needed a real cane.

Right before they released us, he started to feel sick again. The nurse gave us a plastic tub to take with us. Of course Jed was very excited about getting something for free. This may have been the highlight of his night. Good thing she gave it to us too, because he barfed in it on the way home.

So, we have been sick. I've called in sick to stay home with my sick babies. My mom will also be helping out. Thank god for Grandmas!

Luckily Mike hasn't caught it, and since he's been traveling like a nomad, it's good that he hasn't gotten sick. Must be all those vitamins he takes...

No comments:

Post a Comment