Welcome to the Domokos Family Blog.



In 2004, Mike and Tammy married and joined families. In March 2008, daughter #4 arrived, bringing our total to seven. Collectively we have five beautiful, intelligent, and talented children: Alyssa, Lauren, Erin, Jed, and Jubilee Rose.

Monday, October 12, 2009

18 Month Check Up

Today I took Jubilee to her 18 month check up, even though she is really 19 months. She's doing very well, the doctor said. Every thing's normal. She now weighs 32.5 lbs, and I'm not sure how tall she is because the nurse didn't write down the second number. It read 3 then a squiggly line. 32 maybe? Either way she's in the 97th percentile for height and off the chart (surprise, surprise) for weight. This is her usual pattern. She has been getting taller, though. I commented to Mike the other day that I was getting a little worried because she looked so skinny. Mike replied, "Yes, she's just a mere wisp of her former self."

Then in the doctor's office we were looking at a book with a picture of an apple on it, and she said, "apple"! The babysitter must have taught her that one!

The doctor asked me how many words she said, and I lamelyanswered "ten". Ten! What was I thinking? On the way home I started thinking about all the words she knows, and it's more than ten. WAY more. I do want everyone to know, though, that I did not call the doctor to report my error.

When I got home, the first thing my mom inquired about was how much more advanced she is compared to all other babies of her age. I said, I think she's about normal according to the check list.

But, my mom and Mike and I all agree that she IS far superior to all other babies.

Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment