Jubilee is developing and progressing on track. Her latest development is being able, or what I should really say is insisting on feeding herself. She does not like being fed with a spoon as she wants to explore her food with her hands, fingers, and mouth. She's been eating the following: bananas, green beans, peas, carrots, chicken/turkey, Cheerios, bread, eggs, pears, stuffing. It's nice that she's able to feed herself--it keeps her occupied for a little while, however, she makes a real mess! I need to get some of those plastic pocket bibs.
We are still bathing her on the kitchen sink in a baby tub, but I think she may be getting too big for that. I'm just delaying having to bend/kneel over the bath tub. Ugh!
Today she weighed in at a petite 24 lbs, 11 0z. (both Mike and I thought she was heavier), and was 29 1/4 inches long. The doctor said she's in fine shape and has the biggest/strongest thighs he has ever seen. I said, "You should see her dad's legs."
She is no longer content to stay confined for too long in her baby corral. She wants to explore the house. She's learning how to climb the stairs and likes to wander into all of the bedrooms and bathrooms. She especially enjoys pushing the power button on my computer. (Quick, press Save!) She likes to play with the wine rack (full of wine bottles), plugs and wires, Lily's dog food, opening and shutting drawers, cupboards, and doors. Her favorite thing to play with is the door stop. It makes a boinging noise when she flicks it with her fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment